Holiday Workout Video and Top 10 Tips To Prevent Weight Gain
1. Limit your intake of calorie laden beverages. Eggnog, champagne, mochas, and hot chocolate all have one thing in common: they are packed with empty calories – avoid these beverages and load up on water instead.
2. Officially schedule exercise into your calendar. It’s just too easy to let workouts slide this time of year – make a commitment to exercise and keep it.
3. Forgo the goodie-making. By keeping your home free from holiday treats you will undoubtedly gain fewer pounds. However, if you simply have to make those Christmas cookies then chew gum during the baking process to prevent snacking.
4. Have fun being active. Winter is a great time to burn calories outdoors. Go skiing for a day or take the kids sledding. No snow in sight? No problem. Take a brisk bike ride or power walk through the mall.
5. Use healthy ingredients. Your holiday meal will taste even better when you seek out fresh, organic and low fat ingredients – and you’ll feel better too.
6. Learn to compromise. Dying to have that peppermint mocha? Go ahead – but have it with nonfat milk and pass on the whipped cream.
7. Don’t go hungry. The holidays are a dangerous time for your metabolism. Focus on eating small, balanced meals every few hours to keep your metabolism going strong.
8. Enjoy a sample. No one says you have to completely avoid the appetizers and desserts at your holiday party – just enjoy in moderation.
9. Focus on family, not food. Let’s face it, this time of year is big on two things: family and food. Make an effort to place your focus primarily on your family.
10. Stick to your strategy. The best way to gain weight over the holidays is to approach them without a plan. Using the above tips, write down the ways in which you plan to avoid weight gain this year. Then periodically check up on yourself.
So there you have it…make this that “special” time of year when you exercise both your body and your self-control. You can do it!
The Muscle Measure Team are back baby!
We will have new content posted shortly and working on a new design!none