Hugh Jackman Wolverine Workout and Diet
Hugh Jackman Ripped for Wolverine
Hugh Jackman is back ripped, bigger and badder than ever for his role as Wolverine in X-Men Origins, Jackman who has recently been crowned as People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” in 2008 demonstrates to us all that working out is a lifestyle.
“I did work out about an hour a day but the real key was the eating.”
Hugh Jackman’s diet was six meals a day made up of lots of vegetables and lean proteins. He consumed 1000 calories over his normal intake during training.
“Hugh Jackman’s diet was six meals a day made up of lots of vegetables and lean proteins. He consumed 1000 calories over his normal intake during training.”
For The X-men series Hugh worked with Steve Ramsbottom. First phase was focused on building mass by changing the speed of each lift, 3 sec count up and then a 1 sec count down or really slow 4 sec count up and 4 count down. Second phase focused on strength by lifting really heavy weights, without the sec count. Each phase lasted from 6 to 12 weeks, for one to two hours, five days a week. When it was close to shooting time, he lifted weights 1 day and filled the other days with yoga, pilates, running, and stretching. He even did bootcamp training in there too. For the full workout check out below.
Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine Workout
* Dumbbell Chest Press (Swiss ball and dumbbells required)
* Lat Pull Downs (modular lat pulldown machine required)
* External Shoulder Rotations (tubing required)
* Cable Side Raise (adjustable cable pulley machine required)
* Straight Bar Curl (free-standing bar required)
* Close Grip Bar Push-up (free-standing bar and squat rack required)
* Leg Squat
* Balance Board Lunge (extreme or round board is required)
* Split Leg Box Jump (do immediately after balance lunge)
* Jack Knife
* Swiss Ball Crunch (do immediately after jack knife)
* Walking Lunges: Hold dumbbells at sides. Step through front heel and bring back knee towards floor. Do 30 steps.
* Push-ups: Do 100.
* Swiss Ball Crunch: Do 50.
* Sprint: Outside or on treadmill, sprint 1 minute at 80 percent intensity.
* Inch Worms : In a push-up position, take tiny steps so the feet come towards the hands. Keep walking until you feel a gentle stretch through the hamstrings. Do this 30 times.
* Lat Pull Downs : Do 50.
* Stairs: Take every second step. Perform 20 reps (up and down is 1).
Hugh Jackman Wolverine X-Men Origins
(Source: Performance for Sports)